Best Fried Fish Ever

Moderator: satchmoa

Best Fried Fish Ever

Postby JohnFras » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:29 pm

Boneless Fish Fillets
White Corn Meal
Peanut Oil (enough to cover fillets completely)
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
Pre-heat peanut oil to "smoking hot", about 350+ degrees. Fillet fish and remove skin, thoroughly wash off the "slime" on the meat. Lay on foil, wax paper, etc. and sprinkle with generous amount of salt & pepper on BOTH sides. Drop into a bag of white corn meal and shake to cover meat. Drop into fryer or pan containing peanut oil and let cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden (DON'T overcook). Remove, let drip-drain, then sprinkle just a little more salt on both sides....ENJOY!! The secret to the great tasting fish is in making sure they're cleaned good before cooking, AND the peanut oil!

Comments:
I can guarantee you, this will be the best tasting fresh fish you've ever had! By washing the fillets between your hands until the "slimey" feeling is gone from the meat, it removes a lot of the strong "fishy" taste, but leaves enough to enjoy. The meat is flakey and incredibly good.
JohnFras

Invitations sent: 0
Referrals: 0

Re: Best Fried Fish Ever

Postby Fernbergbear » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:46 am

I do about the same thing, only I use olive oil instead. Sometimes I add Itaian seasonings and or Italian crumbs, for a diffrent flavor. It depends on what meal they would be used for.
Fernbergbear

Re: Best Fried Fish Ever

Postby entrepreneurweek » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:22 am

Fired fish is my weakness. Your recipe looks so interesting. I think it would be tasty too.
entrepreneurweek

Return to Camping Recipes