Global Warming / Climate Change Poll - Cast your opinion!

Moderators: satchmoa, Andrew Revering

Is global warming a threat in Minnesota?

You may select 1 option

View results

Global Warming / Climate Change Poll - Cast your opinion!

Postby bwca » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:10 am

In an AOL poll, citizens were asked if they were concerned about climate change. 54% said they were very concerned. 22% said they were somewhat concerned.

In a Field and Stream poll, readers were asked if global warming is a threat to fish and wildlife. 62% said "yes", 9% said "no", and 20% said there was no such thing as global warming.

"Global warming could destroy the Earth or us. Then we definitely couldn't hunt or fish."
--Russell Santen, Mascoutah, IL

"Global warming is just a sky-is-falling theory from the vegan tree-dwellers."
--Shannon Clark, Lake Charles, LA

What is your opinion?
bwca
Site Admin

Invitations sent: 0
Referrals: 1

Re: Global Warming Poll - Cast your opinion!

Postby Andrew Revering » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:58 pm

Global warming is real. Whether it's a part of the natural processes or if it's modified by humans is the real question. Either way, the question at hand if Global Warming is a threat, I think it certainly is. As climate changes, nature responds accordingly. We may never know exactly how much influence humans have on the atmosphere, but I certainly don't think it hurts to be proactive and recycle, reduce emissions, etc.

It's kind of like praying to God. It might not be clear if it's real, but it never hurts to play along anyway... just in case. ;-)
Andrew Revering
Convective Development, Inc.
http://www.convectivedevelopment.com/
Andrew Revering
Site Admin

Referrals: 0

Postby malcolmcro » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi from Europe,

I like your poll. I hope you get a few more responses otherwise we won't know how the people of Boundary Waters really think.
Your relaxed attitude to the problem makes me think you have not taken too long to study the facts. Perhaps you feel you are not a capable enough scientist to understand much.

When I found out that the answer to these problems might well affect my grandchildren I started to study the subject seriously to try to sift the wheat from the chaff.

A lot of it is basic arithmetic and US government agencies have provided a lot of the data in an easy to read form.

I did not vote in your poll as I am not local and it would spoil the result.

Best wishes

Malcolm
malcolmcro

Postby blickquickly » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:42 pm

Well Well Well. The "debate" is over now. All the so-called "data" has been proven false, misleading or outright lies, but of course, this administration and the liberal machine is hell bent on taxing the nation (and our economy) to death with Cap and Trade anyway. GW is a complete scam designed to remove the dollar bills from your wallet, add more regulation to your life, more taxes, and take away more of your freedoms. Just like Global Cooling was in the 70's. Remember that? Remember all the "science" behind all that? You older folks probably do. And today what do we have? Ever so slightly warmer temps, not colder temps. I heard the Iceland volcano that erupted released as much CO2 into the air as Europe produces in an ENTIRE year. In fact, people are saying it will have a cooling affect on the world climate. One single volcano. The fact is the Earth has never in its history, ever, had steady temperatures. It has always been rising and falling with changing ocean currents. Rising when the sun puts out more radiation (yes that too fluctuates). Cooling when the sun reduces its output. This all said, theres no reason, not one, to pollute the planet. We should leave the planet a cleaner place for our future generations. Its a good idea to not run the AC if you dont need to, turn off lights and to generally conserve. But I will not be scared into making a decision that will bankrupt our country and destroy our way of life.
blickquickly

Re: Global Warming / Climate Change Poll - Cast your opinion

Postby bwca » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:38 pm

“For future generations of Minnesotan’s who love fishing, canoeing, and the sight of a moose in the piney North Woods, that cherished outdoors experience is likely to be the stuff of grandparents’ tales. Gone too, will be the storied creatures – lynx, owls, pine martens – that evolved along with the northern forests. “

“At current rates of greenhouse gas emissions, average summer temperatures in northern Minnesota could rise by 8 to 10 degrees Fahrenheit in 100 years. If that happens, scientists say, then probably nothing will save the North Woods.”

In depth article on Climate Change in Minnesota : http://www.startribune.com/local/228250501.html
bwca
Site Admin

Referrals: 1

Re: Global Warming / Climate Change Poll - Cast your opinion

Postby BRTman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:46 am

The Saving the North Woods article on the effect of climate change on the woods of Northern Minnesota is an excellent read.
http://www.startribune.com/local/228250501.html

Ciao,
Ed Solstad
BRTman

Tagsglobal warming, climate change, minnesota, mn, bwca, boundary waters canoe area, north woods, northwoods, birch trees, moose, lynx, pine marten, pine trees, savannah

Return to Global Warming