Planning a trip in aug/sept

Moderator: satchmoa

Planning a trip in aug/sept

Postby Lukea.becker » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:05 am

Hey everyone Im new here but looking for a little advice. Im planning a trip with my dad and a few others next year and we mainly want to focus on fishing. I was thinking of leaving from Ely, though that is not set in stone. We want to at least have a chance at targeting all of the big 4 at some point on the trip. My idea is to spend the first day getting as far out as we can and from there we can do day trips to other lakes. I figure this will maximize fishing time. After some map studying I have a few ideas but would appreciate any input. First choice is to go from Moose Lake up through Newfound Lake to Sucker Lake. Lots of day trip options from there is looks like. Second option is Mudro up to Fourtown Lake which would allow day trips to horse lake, boot lake, and basswood.

These are just ideas so please let me know if any other routes for this type of trip sound better. The idea in going around early september is mainly to miss the bugs but if fishing will suffer substantially that time of year we can be flexible. Thanks for your time everyone.

Luke
Lukea.becker

Invitations sent: 0
Referrals: 0

Re: Planning a trip in aug/sept

Postby Lukea.becker » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:06 am

Forgot to mention trip length. Looking to get at least 7 full days in. Possibly a few more.
Lukea.becker

Re: Planning a trip in aug/sept

Postby LittleMonkeyMojo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:04 am

My vote would be up the Moose/Newfound/Sucker chain as you stated, then Birch, to Carp Lake.

Carp has some good fishing and plenty of choices for campsites.

If you'd like to do more paddling, you can take things into Sheridan and then the Man chain of lakes. Lots of day-trip options.
LittleMonkeyMojo

Return to Fishing