Opening day on the Big V.

Moderator: satchmoa

Opening day on the Big V.

Postby AceGuide » Wed May 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Hey everybody,
Here we are closing in on the Minnesota fishing opener once again. :D I have seen a lot of them come and go and they always make me happy when they get here. :mrgreen:

I expect the Walleye fishing on Vermilion to be very good this opening weekend. Water temps are about normal in the upper 40's to lower 50's. The lake level is up a bit and the Walleyes have for the most part just finished doing their business. :oops:

I expect the shallow bite (6 to 10ft) to be there on Saturday morning. With fish holding in, on or near their spawning areas. They should also be found on points and gravel/rocky
shorelines adjacent to those areas. I'll be on the jig bite to start the day, however I may also do some shallow water trolling with minnow style cranks, to round out the day.

Pike bay should be crowded early in the day so remember that a lot of Walleyes spawn out in the main lake, as well as in the river. Have a great day and be safe with all that once a year traffic on the lakes. Remember that patients is a virture and it's all a part of the greatest day of the summer, the fishing opener.

See ya out there!

"Ace" <*)))><
Terry "Ace" Sjoberg
Ace guide service
On Beautiful Lake Vermilion
Muskies and More.
member Lake Vermilion guides league.
www.aceguideservice.com
AceGuide

Invitations sent: 0
Referrals: 0

Return to Fishing