Planning a fishing trip

Moderator: satchmoa

Planning a fishing trip

Postby msangrene » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:30 pm

This will be my first time to the boundary waters and we are trying to make a fishing trip out of it. We are looking to go somewhere in Minnesota. Any advice is welcome, but some specifics I would like answers to are: What are some good lakes for walleye fishing? What do you guys use for bait, I imagine its hard to portage with live bait. Where do you get the permits from and how do you find the best entry spot? We would like to go in the beginning of June. Thanks.
msangrene

Invitations sent: 0
Referrals: 0

Re: Planning a fishing trip

Postby VoyageurNorth » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:04 pm

Early June you'll probably be good using nightcrawlers & maybe some leeches (depends on how warm it has been).

If a cool spring, some people will still be using some frozen ciscoes/smelt.

If you want some good ideas for walleye & fishing spots, give us a call. If you have a couple dates for your starting trip date, we can look at what is available & give you some advice as to where to go & what the area is like.

I think my contact info is attached to this message automatically, but if not just post again & I'll send you a note.
Not to commercialize, but just to let you know I am one of those "outfitter types" :-)

1829 East Sheridan Street
Ely, Minnesota 55731
1-800-848-5530
VoyageurNorth

Postby tufail123 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:27 pm

I am planning on fishing North and Gunflint Lakes in May, could anyone tell me what type of license I need to fish the Canadian areas of those lakes and where to get one? Thanks.
aliiiii
tufail123

Postby VoyageurNorth » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:10 am

For fishing the border lakes & actually being on the Canandian side of the lake, you would need to go online & get an Ontario fishing license and outdoors card. If you send me an email I can send you a link to the correct page to go to.

Besides for going up to a Ranger Station where they sell fishing licenses, that is what you need to do.
Not to commercialize, but just to let you know I am one of those "outfitter types" :-)

1829 East Sheridan Street
Ely, Minnesota 55731
1-800-848-5530
VoyageurNorth

Return to Fishing