Quetico welcoming to Americans?

Moderator: satchmoa

Quetico welcoming to Americans?

Postby cicherski » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Do Quetico visitors hate all American visitors? I remember signing the guest book at the ranger station 20 years ago and most comments were not nice about Americans. I want to bring my children to experience your beautiful park again please.
cicherski

Invitations sent: 0
Referrals: 0

Re: Quetico welcoming to Americans?

Postby VoyageurNorth » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:43 am

There has always been comments between U.S. and Canadian paddlers. But then there are always comments between the state of Virginia residents and those of West Virginia, Illinois & Wisconsin, etcetera. :-)

Maybe some of it was from the U.S. citizens bringing all their own gear which I have heard the term "up north" for those people are "pork & beaners". Meaning they bring all their own, even the pork & beans. Which basically means they don't add anything to the economy of the place they are visiting.

I haven't seen a register book with something like that, sorry to hear there is one.
Not to commercialize, but just to let you know I am one of those "outfitter types" :-)

1829 East Sheridan Street
Ely, Minnesota 55731
1-800-848-5530
VoyageurNorth

Re: Quetico welcoming to Americans?

Postby LittleMonkeyMojo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:39 am

I found Quetico to be very welcoming. The rangers were friendly. Don't remember seeing a guestbook in which nasty messages could have been left. The few people we ran into while in Quetico were very friendly.
LittleMonkeyMojo

Return to Quetico